Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Finding a Balance

Finding a balance seems impossible right now.  I've been slightly overwhelmed by all of our upcoming events so I wrote everything down to get it out of my mind.  I would like to think this was a coping strategy but I think I needed to prove to myself that I wasn't going crazy, we really have a lot going on.  In the next two months, here is what I have going on:

mail a,b,c, and d's photo order
processes e's photo order
Haiden starts at a new school
plan and organize Ella's homeschool (because who wouldn't want to homeschool right when a baby is about to enter the family?)
senior shoot
friend's bridal shower in Southern Indiana
friend's bachlorette party in Southern Indiana
Haiden's soccer practice
Haiden's soccer games
another friend's bridal shower in Southern Indiana
Ella starts phonological preschool
Ella continues with dance class
family/newborn shoot #1
finalize photo booth
shooting a dear friend's wedding in Southern Indiana
maid of honor in a dear friend's wedding in Southern Indiana
bridesmaid in my brother's wedding in Southern Indiana
attending a friends wedding in Indy
family shoot #2
Ella's birthday party
family shoot #3
family shoot #4
Don't forget the usual; play with my kids, keep up with laundry, cook homemade meals, keep the house clean, be a wife, and get ready for baby #4!

So balance in life isn't my strength right now.  We have a dry erase board on our pantry door in the kitchen and it is usual filled with quotes and reminders.  Yesterday, I erased everything off and wrote BE CALM.  I feel like I could be very impatient, snappy, and distant right now but my kids need me to be patient, calm, and engaged.  So everyday I have to make a conscious effort to be my best for my kids because it's what they deserve.

So how do you keep balance in your life?  Do you feel like stress in your life affects your parenting?

1 comment:

  1. Stress Relief #1 Rule for the Dunigans': Get a babysitter so mommy and daddy can have date night. Seriously, sometimes unplugging for just a few hours is enough to recharge your "battery". I think it's so important that our kids (especially little girls) see that their mommies take care of themselves and value personal time as well as time playing and engaging with them.
    You're such a great mom, Abby!

    ReplyDelete